TO READ THE LABEL OF YOUR SKIN CARE PRODUCTS?
YOU MAY BE QUITE SURPRISED…….
DO YOUR GET LITTLE BUMPS ON YOUR SKIN AFTER USING A PRODUCT?
A REDDISH RASH MAYBE? ITCHY, FLAKY SKIN? SKIN THAT CONSTANTLY NEEDS
MOISTURIZING? DO YOU ATTRIBUTE THESE TO HAVING THE AILMENT OF "SENSITIVE
SKIN"? HOW DO YOU KNOW?
SOMETIMES WHAT WE THINK IS HELPING OUR SKIN LOOK GOOD
IS ACTUALLY DOING THE REVERSE. REMEMBER THAT THE SKIN IS THE LARGEST
ORGAN OF THE BODY. IT'S REACTIONS ARE ALWAYS A MESSAGE.
HERE AT ZENMED, OUR HEALTH RESEARCH TEAM HAS WORKED
EXTENSIVELY TO BRING YOU THE FOLLOWING LIST OF COMMONLY USED CHEMICALS
THAT ARE THE SOURCE OF MANY ADVERSE SKIN REACTIONS. AND YET THESE ARE
CHEMICALS THAT ARE USED COMMONLY IN PRODUCTS THAT ADVERTISE "NATURAL"
OR "ORGANIC" BUT THE REACTIONS THEY CAUSE ARE ANYTHING BUT.
READ ON AND YOU MAY WANT RE-EVALUATE YOUR CURRENT REGIME AS QUICKLY
"TOP 10 REASONS TO CHANGE PRODUCTS
YOUR FAVORITE SKIN CARE PRODUCT MAY USE:
1. Petroleum products (Petroleum
- Yes, you find this product in almost every dry skin and lip chap
- But did you know that this product is addictive to the skin? It actually
tricks the body into thinking that the surface of the skin is moisturized.
In turn the body stops its mechanisms of creating natural oils and hence
after the product is worn off (or ingested in the case of lip chap) the
is more dry and irritated than before. Your skin will now depend on being
moisturized as opposed to taking care of itself
- petroleum is cheap and plentiful and that is why manufacturers use it
2. Imidazolidinyl Urea or Diazolidinyl
- well known for years as a primary cause of contact dermatitis,
it is still
used in mass quantities as a preservative
3. Parabens (Methyl, Propyl, Butyl,
- highly toxic chemicals used extensively in almost all beauty
products found on the shelf
- they extend the shelf life of moisturizers, shampoos, cleansers
- cause all sorts of skin rashes, allergic reactions, and dermatitis
4. Propylene Glycol
- this chemical derivative is usually used in products with "healing"
- it actually has the opposite effect by interfering with the bodies own
mechanisms of healing itself, therefore slowing the healing process
entirely. ONLY THE BODY CAN HEAL ITSELF!
- did you know that almost 50% of babies have allergic reactions
to BABY OIL?
Lanolin is the active ingredient in many oils and emollients
- if you have any sort of eczema, dermatitis, itchy dryness, STAY CLEAR
OF ANY PRODUCT CONTAINING LANOLIN!
6. PVP / VA Copolymer
- this is a chemical found in many hair products (hair spray, perm
solutions, straighteners) and cosmetics
- particles are toxic to lung membranes of humans, and especially kids
and animals, (wonder why they say to use in well-ventilated areas?)
7. Stearalkonium Chloride
- a softener used in fabric softeners, hair conditioners, and moisturizers
- the toxic qualities cause allergic reactions in many people, in fact
many dermatologists say to stop using fabric softeners all together to
avoid developing skin sensitivities to it
8. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Wonder what makes your shampoo or favorite shower gel foam up
even if is says "SOAP FREE". Do you also wonder why you may
unexplained eye irritation, skin rashes, hair loss, dry flaky scalp, itchy
tighy skin, and other allergic reactions? Your daily shower favorites
be harboring this harsh detergent
- often explained as "derived from coconut"
9. Synthetic Colors and Fragrance
- Does the pretty pink co lour of your cleanser mean anything to
you when it washes down the drain? Do you care that the green coloring
placed in the moisturizer to make it look "fresh and clean"
also absorbs into your skin and into your bloodstream? Colors have long
been believed to be cancer-causing
- usually indicated by letters followed by a colour and numbers (ie. FD&C
Red No. 5)
- Fragrances sometimes contain hundreds of ingredients and therefore you
cannot pinpoint what your reaction was triggered by. Manufacturers add
"FRAGRANCE" and in turn you get sneezing, congestion, rash,
hyperpigmentation, vomiting, coughing. AVOID IT!
- usually used as a base for any cleansers. It's chemical reaction
fatty acids is also used to adjust PH levels
- TEA causes allergic reactions, eye problems, dry skin and hair, and
absorption is toxic over prolonged use
THE SKIN CANNOT HEAL AND REGENERATE ITSELF
TO ITS HEALTHY STATE WHEN WE
INUNDATE IT WITH HARSH CHEMICALS AND TOXINS LIKE THE ONES SHOWN ABOVE.
ONE OF THE MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THE SKIN IS TO DETOXIFY, AND YET WE CHOOSE
TO TOXIFY IT DAILY. THE MAJORITY OF THESE CHEMICALS ARE USED ONLY FOR
THE FACT THAT THEY ARE CHEAP AND READILY AVAILABLE. DOES THAT MEAN THAT
THESE PRODUCERS HAVE YOUR WELL-BEING IN MIND?
RE-EVALUATE THE CHOICES YOU HAVE MADE. THE HUMAN SKIN HAS THE AMAZING
OF FORGIVING AND FORGETTING. GIVE IT A FIGHTING CHANCE!
BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE ZENMED